Palais de l'Ile
A 12th C building situated on a natural island, that once housed the prison, law courts and monetary lodge for the Genevois area. Today it houses Annecy’s history museum along with the city’s Centre d'Interprétation Urbain.
- Address : 3, passage de l'Ile 74000
- Phone : 04 50 33 87 30 / 04 56 49 40 37
- Fax : 04 50 33 00 84
- E-mail : email@example.com
- Website: patrimoines.agglo-annecy.fr
A historical monument. At first a simple fortified residence, then transformed into a prison and moneray workshop and finally becoming a court-house, the Palais de l'Ile is an original monument of the Middle Ages. Discover the historic rooms set in an old dungeons and how they were used as prisons, for justice and administration over the Genevois territory. To facilitate your discovery of Annecy and its metropolitan area, permanent and temporary expositions on cutural heritage and architecture are scheduled through the year.
Approximate duration of the visit: 60 minutes
Opening periods and fees
From 06/01 to 09/30 : open daily.
From 10/01 to 12/31 : open daily except on Tuesdays, 11/01, 11/11, 12/25.
From 01/01 to 05/31 : open daily except on Tuesdays, 01/01, 05/01.
Exceptional closure periods:
From 01/01 to 31/12/13
Group adult : 2,60 €
Adult : 3,60 €
Child : 1,60 €
From 01/01 to 31/12/14
Group adult : 2,80 €
Adult : 3,70 €
Child : 1,70 €
- Opening hours:
- This building can be visited
- Services: Tour free of charge
- In the direct vicinity : Town location / In centre of town / Pedestrian area / Lake 5 km away
GPS coordinates :
- Latitude : 45,89849079
- Longitude : 6,12689495
- Other information : Bad weather alternative